New capabilities of the “datango performance suite” (dps), and new smart bots for process automation and staff support.
Kaarst, 8th February 2017 – The new release of the “datango performance suite”, an e-learning and electronic performance support system (EPSS) from PARIS AG, introduces enhanced functionality. In addition to an improved design and better user experience, the authoring tool for digital training is now compatible with wearable technology. PARIS AG also announced new developments in the field of automation. Following the presentation of its Process Bot at the end of 2016, the company will shortly be releasing its Coach Bot and Joe Bot. The smart assistants will provide proactive advice, recommend specific actions and respond to individual user questions.
The “datango performance suite” (dps) can be used to document and simulate processes. It facilitates easy creation of training content and helps to guide staff through work processes using an online help system. As employees easily understand and get familiar with new applications, technologies and business processes, dps paves the way for digital transformation. The new dps release will contain practical new functions and improvements, including:
- Improved ease of use | A modern design, optimised for authors, makes working with datango more intuitive and improves the user/authoring experience even during installation.
- Full MS Office support | Microsoft Word and PDF documents can be created in the new release with any version of MS Office, including MS Office 365 (without additional add-ins).
- Playback anywhere | The improved mobile playback of training content, even on appropriate wearables, allows users to access the information they need on the move at any time. Thanks to HTML5 and CSS3, the latest content formats as well as Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) initiatives are supported.
- A better learner and user experience | A more enjoyable, faster learning experience through animated, dynamic transitions, as well as visual effects in the training materials, simulations and book pages. The learning experience and learner commitment are enhanced, leading to better learning outcomes and higher productivity.
- Video exports | Attractive videos can be generated from the training units with one click, so they can be uploaded easily to all social media and video platforms.
PARIS provides new bots to assist staff
Following the recent introduction of its Process Bot, PARIS AG is developing more bots that will soon be combined in a bot suite to be integrated in the upcoming PARIS Automation Suite – a platform for automating business and everyday processes.
The next bots:
The Coach Bot gives proactive advice and recommends specific actions. The bot acts like a coach, looking over the employee’s shoulder. It recognises areas for improvement and knows which processes can be carried out more efficiently, informing staff of the solution. The Coach Bot can provide proactive assistance in the specific context, so that suitable training materials, courses, etc. can be offered to staff in a targeted manner.
The Joe Bot responds to specific questions. It provides a novel way of solving the “Hey Joe” problem that occurs when staff turn to a colleague for help when they have a problem or don’t know what to do: “Hey Joe, can you tell me how to…?” The colleague who is asked for help is interrupted in his work, and if a solution isn’t found immediately, other people may be interrupted as well. Sebastian Grodzietzki, Chief Growth Officer at PARIS AG, explains: “The Joe Bot solves the problem. He is available 24 hours a day, doesn’t sleep, doesn’t fall ill and doesn’t retire. He is capable of communicating in any language and can be reached by voice or text, including via Skype. Since Joe is always learning and gets to know all the business processes over time, he is the ideal helper, providing the organisation with a memory that keeps on growing. As a side effect, we have also solved the problem of the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing, which still exists in many organisations, particularly large ones.”
Further information on the latest software solutions from PARIS and about the datango business unit will be available at the DSAG Technology Days from 21st to 22nd February 2017 in Mannheim (booth 6) and can also be found at www.paris-ag.com and www.datango.de.
- datango at the DSAG Annual Congress 2018: The new generation of authoring tools
- datango | PARIS: Who turned the clock? That was 2017!
- PARIS AG receives 4th award in a row – German Business Awards
- Awarded: datango | PARIS AG receives 3rd award in a row
- datango at the DSAG Congress 2017: digital learning, working and living